Nikoo N. Berenji brings to Berenji & Associates over a decade of experience representing hundreds of large corporations and individual defendants in a wide range of high-stakes legal matters in state and federal courts in Los Angeles.
After graduating from UCLA, Nikoo was awarded a full scholarship to Berkeley Law School, consistently ranked one of the top law schools in the nation. She served as a federal judicial extern to the Honorable Judge S. James Otero, and then started her legal career as an associate attorney at Latham & Watkins LLP, one of the largest, top-tier law firms in the world. She has been a trial attorney on behalf of both the United States federal government and Los Angeles County.
She is passionate about helping her clients access and obtain justice through the legal system, and she applies that passion to each and every family law matter she handles at Berenji & Associates.
Nikoo is also an adjunct professor at UCLA’s School of Law and USC School of Law, has appeared as a guest speaker on numerous legal topics, and is actively involved in numerous local non-profit boards and organizations. Nikoo is married to Hossein Berenji and together they have two daughters.
- Berkeley Law School, J.D. 2007
- New York University, M.A. 2006
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2002
AWARDS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- President and former Conference Chair, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Lecturer-in-Law, USC Law School and UCLA Law School
- Past President and Director, Iranian American Bar Association
- Former Chair and Steering Committee Member, All Saints Church Foster Care Project
- American Jurisprudence Award, International Law, Berkeley Law School
- Articles Editor, Berkeley Journal of International Law
- K. Yee Fellowship, Berkeley Law School
- Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Regional Championship Winning Team