His commitment to providing aggressive, high-quality representation has led to consistent multi-million-dollar property settlements and countless favorable alimony and child support judgments throughout Los Angeles County. Whether it’s fiercely litigating a case through trial when the opposition is unreasonable or obtaining the best settlement for a client who wants to avoid a lengthy, painful court battle, he is known for using his vast courtroom and negotiation experience to attain optimal resolutions tailored to meet the needs of each client. In addition to divorce litigation, Hossein has extensive experience handling spousal support, custody and visitation matters, child support and paternity disputes, and preparing pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Hossein has been recognized by numerous legal organizations for his outstanding work as a family law attorney, he is regularly consulted by media outlets about high-profile family law cases, and he regularly supports and volunteers his time to public service organizations in Southern California. He is an active member of Rotary International, assisting in fundraising for domestic and international humanitarian causes, and has provided pro bono representation to victims of domestic violence through Neighborhood Legal Services, an organization dedicated to helping low-income residents of Los Angeles County. He is also a member of the Family Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is a former director and current member of the Iranian American Bar Association.
Prior to obtaining his Juris Doctorate degree from Loyola Law School, Mr. Berenji received his Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA. Since 2001, he has been admitted to practice law before the California Supreme Court and other lower state courts.
Media Recognition and Speaking Engagements:
- VoyageLA Magazine, April 2, 2019
- US Weekly, June 13, 2016 “Inside Their Bitter Battle” (Johnny Depp & Amber Heard)
- US Weekly, September 30, 2016 “Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie’s Temporary Custody Agreement: Divorce Attorney Explains”
- US Weekly, October 5, 2016 “Why Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Agreed to Let The Kids Live With Her (For Now)”
- US Weekly, October 17, 2016 “Brad Pitt’s Shattered World”
- Javanan Magazine
- The Impact of the New ‘Tax Cuts on Jobs Acts’ on Alimony and Support Orders, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (PSWALSB) Conference, February 2019
- The Pasadena Outlook, 8/23/2018
- The La Canada Outlook, 8/30/2018
- Regular Expert Commentator on Family Law Issues, KIRN 670 A.M.
- Panel Moderator, When is it Over? The Date of Separation, IABA National Conference (Collaboration between Iranian American Bar Association, IABA Foundation and UC Irvine School of Law), September 19, 2015
- Tying the Knot Without Getting Your Assets Tied Up, February 8, 2012, Iranian American Bar Association
Awards and Affiliations
- Super Lawyers, Top Rated Family Law Attorney
- Best Legal Counsel, Distinguished Member
- Top10 Beverly Hills
- The National Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers
- America’s Premier Attorneys, Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Law
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Iranian American Bar Association, Former Director, Los Angeles Chapter
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member of Family Law Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rotary International
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1997
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2000
Nikoo N. Berenji brings to Berenji & Associates over a decade of experience representing hundreds of large corporations and individual defendants in a wide range of high-stakes legal matters in state and federal courts in Los Angeles
After graduating from UCLA, Nikoo was awarded a full scholarship to Berkeley Law School, consistently ranked one of the top law schools in the nation. She served as a federal judicial extern to the Honorable Judge S. James Otero, and then started her legal career as an associate attorney at Latham & Watkins LLP, one of the largest, top-tier law firms in the world. She has been a trial attorney on behalf of both the United States federal government and Los Angeles County.
She is passionate about helping her clients access and obtain justice through the legal system, and she applies that passion to each and every family law matter she handles at Berenji & Associates.
Nikoo is also an adjunct professor at UCLA’s School of Law and USC School of Law, has appeared as a guest speaker on numerous legal topics, and is actively involved in numerous local non-profit boards and organizations. Nikoo is married to Hossein Berenji and together they have two daughters.
- Berkeley Law School, J.D. 2007
- New York University, M.A. 2006
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2002
Awards and Affiliations
- President and former Conference Chair, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Lecturer-in-Law, USC Law School and UCLA Law School
- Past President and Director, Iranian American Bar Association
- Former Chair and Steering Committee Member, All Saints Church Foster Care Project
- American Jurisprudence Award, International Law, Berkeley Law School
- Articles Editor, Berkeley Journal of International Law
- S.K. Yee Fellowship, Berkeley Law School
- Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Regional Championship Winning Team
Annie B. Arakelian
Annie B. Arakelian has years of experience aggressively advocating on behalf of her clients in a wide range of legal and financial matters, allowing her to apply the skills and expertise she’s gained to each and every case she works on here at Berenji & Associates.
Prior to joining our firm, Annie spent much of her career as a tax attorney, protecting clients’ high-dollar assets from seizure, and navigating clients through complex financial planning to safeguard their interests. This experience, as well as her time at the Glendale City Attorney’s Office and the Baltimore Public Defender’s Office, have afforded her the litigation skills and a unique perspective she offers all our family law clients in need of effective representation for disputed matters regarding their assets, alimony and child support.
During law school, Annie was honored with a distinguished award for earning the highest marks of her class in International Litigation & Arbitration. She also competed on the John J. Gibbons Criminal Procedure Moot Court Team and served on the Moot Court Executive Board.
- Loyola Marymount University, B.A. in Sociology with a Minor in Business and Administration and Economics, 2009 (Graduated with Honors in Sociology)
- University of Baltimore School of Law, 2012
Awards, Affiliations and Speaking Engagements
- The National Advocates, Top 40 under 40 (2018)
- Presentation, “The Impact of the New ‘Tax Cuts on Jobs Acts’ on Alimony and Support Orders”, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (PSWALSB) Conference, February 2019
- LGBT Bar Association of Los Angeles (2019)
- Armenian Bar Association
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (LAGLCC), Member (2018-2019)
- Armenian Professional Network