Founder & Lead Attorney
His commitment to providing aggressive, high-quality representation has led to consistent multi-million-dollar property settlements and countless favorable alimony and child support judgments throughout Los Angeles County. Whether it’s fiercely litigating a case through trial when the opposition is unreasonable or obtaining the best settlement for a client who wants to avoid a lengthy, painful court battle, he is known for using his vast courtroom and negotiation experience to attain optimal resolutions tailored to meet the needs of each client. In addition to divorce litigation, Hossein has extensive experience handling spousal support, custody and visitation matters, child support and paternity disputes, and preparing pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Hossein has been recognized by numerous legal organizations for his outstanding work as a family law attorney, he is regularly consulted by media outlets about high-profile family law cases, and he regularly supports and volunteers his time to public service organizations in Southern California. He is an active member of Rotary International, assisting in fundraising for domestic and international humanitarian causes, and has provided pro bono representation to victims of domestic violence through Neighborhood Legal Services, an organization dedicated to helping low-income residents of Los Angeles County. He is also a member of the Family Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is a former director and current member of the Iranian American Bar Association.
Prior to obtaining his Juris Doctorate degree from Loyola Law School, Mr. Berenji received his Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA. Since 2001, he has been admitted to practice law before the California Supreme Court and other lower state courts.
MEDIA RECOGNITION AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- VoyageLA Magazine, April 2, 2019
- US Weekly, June 13, 2016 “Inside Their Bitter Battle” (Johnny Depp & Amber Heard)
- US Weekly, September 30, 2016 “Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie’s Temporary Custody Agreement: Divorce Attorney Explains”
- US Weekly, October 5, 2016 “Why Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Agreed to Let The Kids Live With Her (For Now)”
- US Weekly, October 17, 2016 “Brad Pitt’s Shattered World”
- Javanan Magazine
- The Impact of the New ‘Tax Cuts on Jobs Acts’ on Alimony and Support Orders, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (PSWALSB) Conference, February 2019
- The Pasadena Outlook, 8/23/2018
- The La Canada Outlook, 8/30/2018
- Regular Expert Commentator on Family Law Issues, KIRN 670 A.M.
- Panel Moderator, When is it Over? The Date of Separation, IABA National Conference (Collaboration between Iranian American Bar Association, IABA Foundation and UC Irvine School of Law), September 19, 2015
- Tying the Knot Without Getting Your Assets Tied Up, February 8, 2012, Iranian American Bar Association
AWARDS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Super Lawyers, Top Rated Family Law Attorney
- Best Legal Counsel, Distinguished Member
- Top10 Beverly Hills
- The National Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers
- America’s Premier Attorneys, Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Law
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Iranian American Bar Association, Former Director, Los Angeles Chapter
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member of Family Law Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rotary International
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1997
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2000